Installing a custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo will replace the stock Android operating system that comes with your device given to you by Google and Samsung. There are many reasons to install a custom ROM on the Grand Neo device. The most popular reason to install a new ROM on any Android is to update the operating system when your software updates are slowed. You might get a third-party developer making a custom ROM for your device that is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop when the only official firmware for your device is still Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
Another popular reason to install a custom ROM is to replace the manufacturers skin with stock Android so you can use the Android operating system the way Google intended. The operating system you see on your device when you open it out of the box and accept official OTA notifications is heavily influenced by Samsung with Samsung apps and features. That’s on top of the operating system Google gave you with Android. A custom ROM can allow you to remove that manufacturer (Samsung) skin completely.
Some brands who make new custom ROMs such as CyanogenMod aim to give users a ROM that is better than the ROM that comes with a device. The experts can give ROMs that do come with better performance and more features. However, you should always do a background check on who is making your ROM because the developers all have different skills. While some are experts, others can be amateurs.
Files You Need
- You may need to root the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo before you can install some custom ROMs.
- You do need to install a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo device before you can flash any custom ROM on the device.
- You can unroot the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo if you ever want to return back to the stock ROM and wipe the custom ROM away.
- Custom ROMs for the Grand Neo do not come with the Google stock apps. You can flash the Google Gapps for your ROM and run the stock Google apps along with your new custom ROM if you want the apps working.
CyanogenMod make the best custom ROMs on the market right now and this version is based on Android 4.4 KitKat. The idea is to create a new ROM that is more stable and comes with better performance than the real Galaxy Grand Neo stock ROM that comes on your device out of the box.
Features: WiFi is working, RIL, Bluetooth, all sensors are working, GPS, Audio, Dual SIM, camera, video playback and more.
Download: CyanogenMod 11
The GENNXT is a pre-rooted custom ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo device, so you do not need to root the it if you want to start installing the root-requiring applications from the Google Play Store an other sources like App Brain online.
Features: pre-rooted ROM so you can instantly start installing the apps that require root access, all bloatware is removed and it comes with Superuser by ClockworkMod to keep your device free of malware.
With some luck on your side, the Galaxy Grand Neo might get an Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM coming its way shortly.
Check the Lollipop thread.
You might also be interested in:
- How to Install KingRoot Android 8.0 Oreo APK App for Android Mobile
- How to Install KingRoot Android 7.1 Nougat APK App for Android Mobile
- How to Install KingRoot Android 7.0 Nougat APK for Android Mobile
- How to Install KingRoot Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow APK App for Android Mobile
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.