The Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 app is now available from the Microsoft Store. Though you can download it easier now, the version you get from the Microsoft Store is a lighter version of the app which is more suitable for basic image editing.
Since Photoshop Elements 2021 has only recently become available from the Microsoft Store, you will need to be running on Windows 10 version 18362.295 or higher before you can use the app.
While this version from the Microsoft Store doesn’t have as many features, one advantage it does have is that you can install it on 10 PCs after the purchase whereas the previous feature-rich version only allows for the installation to be on 2 machines.
What’s New in Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021
- Add motion to your static images With one click, transform your favorite shots into moving photos—fun animated GIFs with 2D and 3D camera motion. It’s easy and perfect for sharing on social media. POWERED BY ADOBE SENSEI*
- Fine-tune face tilt Make sure everyone in your photo is looking in the right direction by automatically adjusting the position of a person’s face. It’s great for selfies! POWERED BY ADOBE SENSEI
- Inspire with Quote Graphics Make shareable creations—great for social media—by adding motivational quotes or personalized messages to your pics with pre-set templates, tons of customization, and cool animation options.
- Create modern duotones Apply cool, custom duotone effects to your photos for a beautiful two-color creation. Choose from custom preset social sizes, add a gradient, and more!
- Perfect your landscapes Easily replace skies, remove haze, and erase unwanted objects to create epic outdoor scenes. You’re sure to create the perfect adventure photo every time. POWERED BY ADOBE SENSEI
- Move, scale, and duplicate objects With step-by-step help, it’s easier than ever to select an object and change its position, size, and more—meaning you can make your creation look exactly how you want.
Updates for Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021
- Guided Edits mean more creative possibilities From basic adjustments to artistic creations, you’re covered with 58 Guided Edits. Achieve the look you want without any guesswork. Just follow the steps and learn as you go.
- Automatically back up your catalog structure Cataloging—albums, keyword tags, people, places, events, and more—is key to photo and video library organization. Now, all of this information is automatically backed up for easy recovery. *Adobe Sensei is the technology that powers intelligent features across all Adobe products to dramatically improve the design and delivery of digital experiences, using artificial intelligence and machine learning in a common framework.
You can check your version of Windows to see if it is compatible with the Photoshop Elements 2021 app by navigating to Start > Settings > System > About. If you need to update Windows, you can do so by heading to Start > Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update.
- Microsoft Windows Insider Program Gets New Channels on Website and in Settings
- Windows 10 Cumulative Updates KB4557957 & KB4560960 Now Available Via Windows Update & Offline Installer
- Distro Installation Added to Windows Subsystem for Linux in Windows 10 Build 20246
- Samsung to Release Screen Recorder App for Windows 10
- Microsoft Closes Mixer, Leaving Millions of Streamers Without a Platform
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20236.1005 (rs_prerelease) – October 16
- Download: Administrative Templates for Windows 10 October 2020 Update (20H2)
- Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 on November 10, 2020
- Download: PowerShell 7.1 Final Now Available
- Windows 10 Build 20257 Brings Your Phone Multi-Apps Experience