When you notice that a considerable amount of your drive space is used up you may wish to investigate what is taking up that space. That way you can choose to delete certain files that you no longer need and that you know are taking up considerable space.
Windows 10 offers a plethora of statistics for you to see exactly what is taking up your drive space, and it’s all available neatly laid out in the Settings application.
Here’s what you need to view the storage usage of your drivers when you’re using a version of the Windows 10 operating system.
How to View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10
1. Open the Settings app and tap/click on “System” from the Windows Settings categories.
2. Tap/click on Storage from the left side menu and then tap/click on the driver that you want to further investigate that is listed under the Local Storage heading.
3. Storage usage now shows you different categories that hold your data. You can tap/click on each of those categories to get more precise results as well.
4. Inside Temporary files you can see thumbnails, Windows installation files, temporary files, Recycling Bin, temporary internet files, and so forth. Those are all options that are not required for your computer.
5. Tap/click on “Manage system restore” to see files from System and reserved that are taking up your drive space.
6. You can alter how much space System Restore allocates for your drives if you don’t like the amount of space that you see being used up here.
7. Apps and games shows you each app and how much space it is using up on your drives. Many apps you might have been given preinstalled such as games. You can tap/click on each app and then choose to “Uninstall” it from the menu if you don’t want it any longer.
- How to Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10
- How to Choose Command Prompt or Windows PowerShell on Win+X Menu in Windows 10
- How to Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10
- How to Open Command Prompt in Windows 10
- How to Change ‘Turn Off Display After’ Time in Windows 10
- How to Open Settings in Windows 10
- How to Clear Personal Data and Information from Cortana
- How to Properly Change Product Key of Office 2016/2013