The Samsung Galaxy Alpha has a new over the air update available for AT&T subscribers. As usual, you can skip the waiting and install the update manually on your device by following the guide below. Once you complete the steps, you will hook your Galaxy Alpha up with the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop with firmware build number UCU1BOC6.
The Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is a more stable release over the original Android 5.0 Lollipop. Up until now you could not update to this version on your Alpha unless you accepted the over the air notifications. Of course, those of you with root access cannot accept those same OTA’s so for all of you it’s important to install the Lollipop update using the Odin flashing tool.
The Files You Need
- Download the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software update from here.
- Download the Odin 3.10 from here.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers from this page here.
- These are the steps to update Samsung galaxy Alpha to Android 5.0 Lollipop. You must have a Windows PC to use this guide. The flashing tool does now work if you are running a Mac or Linux computer.
Updating the Samsung Galaxy Alpha AT&T to Android 5.0.2 UCU1BOC6 Lollipop
- Download the Lollipop software update file and shift the file over to the desktop of the computer.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers from the Samsung Developers page.
- Download the Odin file and shift it over to the desktop.
- Right-click over the Odin file and the firmware file and choose the ‘extract here’ option.
- Double-click over the Odin executable file and that program will now start running on your computer.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Alpha to download mode by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power keys.
– that only works if you start with the device completely off.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Alpha to the computer using the USB cable.
- Wait for the ID: COM port to change color. That means the USB drivers are working and your Alpha smartphone is hooked up to the flashing tool.
- Click the AP button and browse the desktop for the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware file.
- Make sure the Re-partition option is left empty.
- You can have the Auto Reboot and F Reset Time options on so the device automatically reboots after it’s done update.
- Click the Start button and the software update will be applied to your device in a few minutes.
- Now you know when it’s done by waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha to reboot and the pass message is on the Odin screen.