The HTC One M7 Android 5.0 official software and firmware update is already made available but there is a notification that it will not receive any official next update which is Android 5.1 Lollipop. Yes I know it is sad but there is a great news if you want a custom device: you can update your phone to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop by installing Android Ice Cool Project (AICP) 9.0 custom ROM. Installing this ROM will give you all the features and interface of Android 5.1.1 lollipop firmware. Today I will tell you a very easy way with which you can install this custom ROM on your phone.
Android 5.1 has some good features of security with which your phone will become as secure than ever. You will also get some more interface updates in notification bar and settings.
Installing custom ROM on your phone is an unofficial process which is not recommend by HTC or Google. This will also take your HTC phones warranty away so you will not be able to claim it till you install stock version of firmware on your phone. Also this process is risky and may brick your device if not done properly so follow all the steps carefully and don’t blame us if you ended up wish a bricked device.
Making a backup is good before performing any unofficial process with your phone so you will be sure about your data is safe. So better make a backup of your important data this time also. Backup all of your contacts by syncing them to your Google account so you can have then back after this process. Also backup all of your media files to your PC or any other external drive like your photos and videos and music files also.
Steps to update HTC One M7 to android 5.1.1
- Download the AICP 9.0 custom ROM from here and Google Apps from here. These are zip files which we will install on your hone using recovery, do not extract them we have to use them as they are.
- Now plug your phone into your PC and transfer the above downloaded files to your phone.
- After the transfer completes, unplug your phone from the PC.
- Now you have to reboot your phone to the Recovery Mode. For that you have to turn tour phone off first.
- Now you have to boot your phone by holding the Volume Down key and press the Power key once. Keep pressing the Volume Down key. After a while your phone will be booted to Recovery Mode.
- In the Recovery Mode you have to take a backup of your previous ROM first. Tap on the “backup” option, then confirm to take the backup.
- Now come back to the main menu and tap on the “install” option, then “choose zip from SD card”. Choose the zip from your phone SD card internal memory and confirm to install it on your phone.
- Install Google apps on your phone in the same way.
- Now come to the main menu and tap on “reboot” then “System”.
Your phone will be rebooted to OS mode and soon you will be presented with set up screen. Now you can use your phone as usual and ask me anything about this ROM using the comment section below.