Those of you who read our site will know that the Chroma ROM makes our top ten list for the best custom ROMs to use on a Google Nexus 10 device. The only thing you need to do is decide what version of the Chroma ROM it is that you wish to try on your device. The following guide updates the Google Nexus 10 with the Android 5.1 Lollipop version of the Chroma ROM. Android 5.1 Lollipop is no longer the latest operating system version in Google’s Android lineup. That honor know goes to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. However, most devices are still running Android KitKat let alone the latter Lollipop, so in the broader perspective, this is still a great ROM. The advantage you have over using Lollipop and not Marshmallow is that you device will be more stable.
The Files You Need
- Download the Chroma custom ROM for your device from the host site here.
- Download the Google Gapps you need if you want to run Google stock apps from here. Click on the link for the 5.1 Lollipop version of Gapps so that it works with your ROM.
Updating the Google Nexus 10 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using the Chroma custom ROM
- Download the Chroma custom ROM and the Google Gapps packages to the desktop of the computer.
– you do not want to unzip or extract these files.
- Connect the Google Nexus 10 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Transfer the two files over to the internal storage SD card. Keep the files on the topmost folder which is called your root SD card.
- Unplug the Google Nexus 10 from the computer.
- Reboot the Nexus 10 in recovery mode.
- Tap over the Backup option available from your custom recovery. All versions have this. Once you click to take that backup you will have taken a NANDroid backup. You must backup your device here or else you will lose the data. You are about to factory reset before installing the ROM.
- Now go back to the main recovery menu and tap over the Wipe option. Your device will now wipe the data and factory reset.
- From the main recovery menu, choose the Install option.
- Browse the SD card and upload the Chrome Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM file. Confirm you want to install that file.
- Now select Install from the recovery menu and this time upload the Google Gapps file.
- Once you have installed both files, select the Reboot System Now option from the main recovery menu.