Once you have learned how to set up the Windows mixed reality headset in Windows 10, you will hopefully have started using it. And there may even come a time when you either want to reset it or uninstall it entirely.
Windows developers haven’t given a reset button for mixed reality which suggests they don’t think you’re going to have to reset it. But whether you think your mixed reality headset needs a reset or you just want to uninstall it, the guide below is suitable for you.
The following tutorial demonstrates how to uninstall and reset the Windows mixed reality headset when using a version of the Windows 10 operating system.
How to Uninstall and Reset Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10
You can reset/uninstall the Windows mixed reality headset in Windows 10 via the Mixed reality section of the Settings app. Here is how to do that:
1. Unplug your Windows mixed reality headset from the computer’s HDMI/USB ports.
2. Open the Settings app and click on the Mixed Reality category.
3. From the Mixed Reality menu on the left side, click Uninstall.
4. From the Uninstall Windows Mixed Reality dialog, click Next.
5. From the Uninstall Windows Mixed Reality dialog, click Restart Now.
Next time you open the Settings app, the entire Mixed Reality category will be deleted. However, you can get it back again by opening the Mixed Reality Portal app via the search field in the taskbar.
In conclusion, that is how to uninstall/reset the Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10.