One of the things you can do with a rooted Posh Orion Max device is install the Root Explorer application and enhance your Android file management skills. Sure, file management isn’t something that everybody finds useful on a daily device, but there are near countless amounts of people who deeply rely on what a file manager brings to the table. For that reason alone, it’s definitely something that we do not shy away from when given the chance to bring it to your attention.
The Root Explorer application available for those with root access can even access the lower levels of your file management, such as the application data folder. The Root Explorer app also supports all the file formats you would have hoped like zip files, TAR and RAR files.
Here is everything you need to know in order to get the Root Explorer application up and running on your Posh Orion Max X550A device by giving it root access to the internal system:
Files You Need
- Download the KingRoot APK for the Max X550A device from here.
- The following guide to root the Orion Max device will void the warranty from your manufacturer. Sometimes out west, you can find mobile service providers who are willing to allow you to root a device and still send it away under warranty. Make inquiries with your provider if the warranty if important to you and see what they say before continuing.
Rooting the Posh Orion Max X550A running on the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Enable the Unknown Sources option from your Orion Max device’s settings before you do anything else.
- Install the KingRoot APK on your Orion Max device either directly from the web browser application or by copying the KingRoot APK to the SD card and transferring it with a File Manager.
- Tap on the KingRoot application icon from the app drawer and open the rooting app.
- Tap on the large button that suggests it will root your Orion device from the main page.
- Wait for the progress bar to make its way all the way around to the 100 percent mark.
- Look for the success message you get after it completes.
- Close the KingRoot application and head to your Power option to turn off the device completely.
After rebooting the Orion Max, open the Google Play Store application and install the root checker basic application to check that it worked. The basic version of the root checker application is free to install. Just agree to update the SuperUser if it asks when you open the app and it will then check if your device is rooted or not.