Like you know, J Rummy’s ROM Toolbox application is one of the few all-in-one solutions that still proves useful today. The basic version of the app lets users take NANDroid backups among other things that make life easier. What most people might not know, however, is that the same app (ROM Toolbox) also comes as a ROM Toolbox Pro application. For under 5 dollars, you can make your life of installing aftermarket firmware much easier.
Not sure how to install the official and latest CyanogenMod on your device? Just install the Pro version of the ROM Toolbox application and it will install that ROM you need or you. It’s designed to be an all-in-one solution for most noobs, but it’s also useful for any advanced Android users looking to save a few minutes in this hectic and fast-paced world we are living in today.
Here is everything you need to install the ROM Toolbox Pro application by JRummy apps on the Acer Iconia A1 830 device:
Files You Need
- Download the Root Genius application for the Iconia A1 830 device from here.
- You are voiding the Acer warranty when you choose to root the Iconia A1 830 device. You can always unroot the device when you are ready and that same warranty from Acer should start working again. Furthermore, there are some mobile service providers who don’t mind people rooting and will still look at the device under warranty. Inquire with your provider if the warranty is important to you.
Rooting the Acer Iconia A1 830
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode option from the Acer Iconia device so you can connect it to the computer with the USB cable and get the device rooted.
- Download the Root Genius application from the files section above and drag or copy the file over to the desktop from its default download location.
- Extract the Root Genius application on the desktop of the computer so you can use the file inside.
- Double-click the mouse on the Root Genius executable file so it opens and is running on the computer. Leave it open.
- Connect the Acer Iconia A1 830 device to the computer with the USB cable.
- Wait for around 5 to 10 seconds for the device to be detected by the Root Genius application; it will tell you on the display when it’s detected.
- Click on the large “Root Now” button from the main homepage of the rooting application on the computer.
- Watch the display of the computer and do not touch anything until the progress circle reaches all the way around to 100 percent.
- You should get a message letting you know that the A1 830 device has been successfully rooted.
Close down the Root Genius application and then reboot the Acer Iconia device before you attempt to use the new found root access to that internal system of yours.