If you already have a custom recovery on your Acer Iconia Tab 8, you are just one step away from rooting your device. Once a custom recovery is up and running on your device, you can use it to flash SuperSU and that should help you obtain root on your device.
Confused how to go about doing that and getting root on your device? No worries, here are the well-explained steps for you:
Here’s how to do that:
Files You Need
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your tablet before you can do this tutorial. If you have not flashed one, head to our how to install a custom recovery on the Acer Iconia Tab 8 tutorial and flash one. Then return here and continue.
- This should flash SuperSU to gain root on your tablet.
- Download the latest stable version of SuperSU to your computer. Do NOT extract it, leave it in its original format.
Rooting the Acer Iconia Tab 8
- Connect your tablet to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal storage on your tablet. Place the file in the root directory so you can easily find it when needed.
- When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your tablet from your computer.
- Turn off your tablet using the Power button.
- Reboot your tablet into the recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume DOWN and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
- Your tablet should reboot into bootloader mode. Use the Volume keys to select Recovery and press the Power button to reboot into the recovery mode.
- Once inside the recovery mode, select install zip from sdcard option.
- On the following screen, select choose zip from sdcard.
- Navigate to your internal storage and select SuperSU .zip that you copied earlier to be installed on your tablet.
- Confirm the installation prompt by selecting Yes using the Volume keys and confirming it using the Power button.
- Wait for CWM Recovery to install SuperSU on your tablet. It should not take too long to do so.
- When it’s done installing SuperSU, reboot your tablet by choosing reboot system now from the recovery menu.
- Your tablet should reboot.
And there you go!
Your Acer Iconia Tab 8 is now rooted and has a custom recovery to help you with flashing a custom ROM on your tablet.
With root and a custom recovery on your tablet, you are now all set to enjoy some custom ROMs and other custom developments on your tablet. This includes custom developments such as custom kernels, mods, boot animations, and so on.
You can flash almost any sort of custom recovery flashable files on your tablet and enjoy the features it has for you. However, while doing so, you must ensure that the file you are going to flash is for your tablet else there is a chance of ending up with a bricked tablet.
So, be cautious while flashing files and only flash those files that are from trusted sources and that can really help you do your tasks. Also, it is recommended to take a full backup of your tablet before you flash a custom development as that way you will be able to revert to the stock in case something went wrong.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root The European LG G5 (H850)
- How To Unroot The Acer Iconia Tab 8
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The European LG G5 (H850)
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Acer Iconia Tab 8
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei MediaPad M2
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.