The Ultra Light custom ROM is a ROM with less number of in-built apps, which will give you more ROM to multitask on your phone. This ROM has the stock Android 5.0.2 Lollipop user interface with not even a single stock Samsung app or bloatware installed.
For the installation process, you need a PC with a working internet connection to download the ROM and Google apps zip file for your phone, and a USB cable to connect your phone to your PC. You need your phone rooted (check out the rooting process here) and a custom recovery installed (TWRP custom recovery recommended).
Backup your Samsung Galaxy S6 phone’s data stored on your phone’s internal memory as it will get wiped during this installation process. Backup your phone’s media files like photos, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive. Learn about syncing a Google account, so the phone numbers are safe. You can also backup your important apps using the Titanium backup apps available for free on Google Play Store.
This installation process and ROM is only for AT&T Samsung galaxy S6 only and installing it on other device may brick it down.
Steps to install Ultra Light custom ROM on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6:
- Download the Ultra Light custom ROM zip file from here, do not unzip the zip file, we have to install it in zipped state only.
- Download the Google apps zip file from this page, download the one which is compatible with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based custom ROMs.
- Now turn your phone off and turn it on to recovery mode, to do this first turn your phone off by pressing and holding power key and select “power off” from the power menu.
- Wait till your phone goes off completely and turn it on by pressing and holding the Volume Up key, Power key and Home key together.
- Making a backup is important so you can revert back to your previous ROM any time you need, for this tap on the NANDroid backup option from the menu.
- In recovery mode, first tap on wipe and confirm the step to wipe the internal memory of your device and revert it back to factory settings.
- After that, tap on “Install” and browse through your phone to select and install the custom ROM zip file to your phone.
- Repeat the above step with Google apps zip file to install Google apps on your phone, do not skip this step or you will not be able to use Google apps on your phone.
- Now finally tap on “reboot”, then “system” to reboot your phone to OS mode.
Wait till your phone will welcome you with a setup screen, fill in all your details to take over your phone again. Share your experience with us using the comment section below.