When people think about rooting the Motorola Moto G smartphones, they usually assume that means less security will end up on the device as a result. While there are a few reasons where that might be the case, there are also some reasons why one would want to root a device to increase security. Hear me out on this one.
By rooting the Motorola Moto G smartphone, we can then have half of what we need to install a custom ROM — the other half being a custom recovery. Without the root access to the internal system on the Moto G the custom recovery alone cannot give your device a new ROM, though. Through a custom ROM running on our devices, we are able to increase the security by choosing which Google applications we want to install, and some ROMs even offer free encryption. Anyone wanting free encryption should check out one of the CyanogenMod custom ROMs.
Temasek’s ROM might not have anything on it, but it does have some great features of its own. The Temasek custom ROM has many new tweaks available from the settings menu for your to customize your smartphone. Temasek’s ROM is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, comes with its own unique battery settings for you to adjust, has breathing notifications, lock screen weather widget and much more.
Here is everything you need to install Temasek’s ROM on the Motorola Moto G 2015 smartphone so you can check our all of its original features from the settings menu, tweak your device, check out new features you haven’t seen before, and it’s own original design:
Files You Need
- Download the Temasek ROM file for the Moto G 2015 from here.
- You must have a custom recovery installed on the Motorola Moto G 2015 smartphone before you can follow this guide. Furthermore, you must also root the third-gen Moto G smartphone before using this guide to install the custom ROM.
- The steps in this guide are to be used in reference to Team Win’s TWRP Recovery. The steps will vary slightly if you are using another custom recovery such as ClockworkMod recovery.
Installing Temasek’s custom ROM on the Motorola Moto G 2015 smartphone
- Download the Temasek ROM for the Moto G 2015 from the files section above and have it on the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the third-generation Motorola Moto G smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the Temasek ROM zip file over to the internal storage SD card space.
- Unplug the third-generation Motorola Moto G smartphone from the computer and the USB cable.
- Turn off the Moto G smartphone and press the hardware button combination for recovery mode and the TWRP Recovery will boot up.
– you may also choose to hit up the Google Play Store and download the Quick Boot application.
- Tap on the Backup button from the recovery menu and let it take the NANDroid backup of your data, including pictures, music, video and contacts.
- Tap on the Wipe button and let it wipe your data and then apply a hard reset on the Motorola smartphone.
- Tap on the Install button and upload the custom ROM zip file.
- Swipe the bottom of the display where it says you need to swipe to install the ROM.
- Wait until the Temasek custom ROM is installed on the third-generation Motorola Moto G smartphone and then choose the option to reboot the system from the recovery menu.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the Temasek custom ROM on the Moto G 2015 smartphone. You will never see your stock ROM running on the device when you reboot the smartphone until you flash it back on the device. Check where to download and install your stock ROM in the future when you want to do that because it doesn’t flash from the recovery like a custom ROM does.