It’s easy to criticize a custom ROM and come up with reasons why not to install one: they can render your devices unusable, installing is risky, you need to unlock the bootloader, root and install a custom recovery and so on. Nonetheless, a seasoned geek can easily manage those tasks before installing a new ROM, and they’ll be glad they did once they are done.
The PAC Man custom ROM is another one of those ROMs that will have device owners glad they went to the effort involved of getting a new ROM installed. The PAC Man custom ROM brings a blend of many features from other ROMs all bundled in the one. If you are wondering where the name comes from, it’s an acronym for ROM names, most notably the Paranoid Android and the CyanogenMod.
Even though most people enjoy the PAC Man ROM having so many features, they usually require devices to have enough RAM for them to make sense installing. Most custom ROMs are light. The PAC Man custom ROM is not. It will take up much of your memory because of the many modifications done to the system user-interface.
Files You Need
- Download the PAC Man custom ROM file for the OneTouch Idol 3 from here.
Installing the PAC Man custom ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3
- Download the custom ROM file to the desktop of your computer and leave it zipped.
- Connect the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the custom ROM zip file over to the root of the Idol 3’s SD card and then unplug it from the computer once you are done.
- Boot the Idol 3 smartphone to recovery mode using the hardware buttons or the Quick Boot application.
- Take the Nandroid backup from your main recovery menu.
- Choose to wipe the data and factory reset the device from your recovery menu.
- Tap on the Install button and follow the prompts to browse your SD card for the MAC-Man custom ROM file.
- Once the ROM is installed, tap on the option that says it will reboot the system from the main recovery menu.
In conclusion, the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone is now running the new PAC-Man custom ROM on your smartphone. It has completely replaced the stock ROM and will forever be on your device until you choose to flash the stock ROM in the future. Check your manufacturer’s website and forums for where to find your stock ROM should you ever want to flash it on your device.