The Mokee custom ROM is a ROM most Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 owners might probably want to try due to its Asian heritage. Mokee is another ROM based on CyanogenMod, making it really fast and stable. Where it separates itself from the competition — and not necessarily in a positive way — is the unique features. Mokee is a Chinese Open Source custom ROM, but is also supports the English language.
There are many reasons why people want to install a custom ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone. You probably already know about the privacy benefits, the bloatware removal, extending the life of your device, and the ability to break away from your OEM. But did you know that something as simple as using Open Source software is a huge plus if you are a geek? Mokee is one of those custom ROMs that is truly Open Source, similar to how the original Linux on computer is Open Sources — and the Android operating system was originally and still is based on that same Linux kernel.
Files You Need
- Download the Mokee custom ROM file for the OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone from here.
Installing the Mokee Custom ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3
- Download the Mokee custom ROM file directly to your computer and have it waiting on the desktop.
- Connect the Idol 3 smartphone with the computer with the USB cable you normally use to charge the device’s battery.
- Copy the Mokee ROM over to the root of the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug your Idol 3 device from the computer once you are happy the ROM is on the internal SD card.
- Boot the Alcatel idol OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone to recovery mode and it will boot up the custom recovery you have installed earlier.
- Choose the option to take a NANDroid backup from your recovery menu.
- Tap the Wipe data and factory reset option to wipe your device before you flash the new ROM on your device.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ option from the recovery menu and browse the internal storage SD card for your Mokee ROM zip file.
- Follow the commands on your display to finish uploading and installing the zip file.
- Choose the option to reboot the Idol 3’s system from the main recovery menu once you have the Mokee ROM installed.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the Mokee custom ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone. You will find the old stock ROM you had running or completely wiped and your device is now running the custom ROM. You can choose to flash your stock ROM back on the device at any stage in the future and it will wipe over your custom ROM.