Custom Rom gives your phone a brand new look also gives energy to some dull looking phone. Custom ROM always replicates some other popular interface and embedded with some extra features to customize your phone in the way you want it. You can do some performance boosting and gives you some extra features which makes your mobile so simple to use. Yeah! I know it’s seems boring to all who knows everything about custom ROMs so let’s get directly to some action.
Always remember that this kind of action with your phone will void its warranty and then you have to pay for any help or your phone in a care center. Sometimes not doing the process with precautions will damage your Huawei U8800 phone so better take all the precautions seriously.
Backup all the things you need and is important for you because in this installation process you going to lose it all. Backup your contacts to your Google account by syncing them to it. Your pone will have a custom recovery installed because without it installation will not be possible in any circumstances.
This installation process is only for Huawei Ideos X5 U8800 model, do not install this ROM or try to use this guide on any other device.
Steps to install unofficial CM 12.1 custom ROM on Huawei Ideos X5 U8800:
- Download the Custom ROM Zip package file from here and save it anywhere on your PC where you can find it later.
- Now go to this page here and download the Google apps zip file that suits best with this custom ROM, do not skip this or you will not be able to use Google Play Store or any other Google app on your phone.
- Now connect your phone to your PC as mass storage and move the two zip files downloaded before in step 1 & 2.
- After the transfer finishes, unplug your phone from your PC and turn it off by pressing and holing power key for 3 seconds and select turn off from the power menu. Wait till your phone goes off completely.
- Now turn it o by pressing and holding power key and volume up key, this will boot your phone to recovery mode.
- In recovery mode first tap on “backup” and confirm to back up your previously installed ROM.
- Now come back to the main menu and tap on “wipe” to wipe out all the internal data.
- Come to the main menu and tap on “install”, select the ROM zip file and confirm to start the installation process.
- When it’s done, again tap on “Install” and this time select the Google apps zip file and install it on your phone.
To reboot your phone to OS mode again just tap on “reboot” then “system”. And you can contact me any time for any queries about this installation process using the comment section below.