If you want to unroot the Huawei Express smartphone, you need to run this dedicated unrooting tool for your device. Most other Huawei smartphone unroot by flashing a stock ROM on the device. In this case, things are different with the Express handset.
The good news is that it works as more of an all-in-one tool that unroot and removes a custom ROM too. It doesn’t matter if you have root access and a custom ROM installed, this guide will take you back to having the stock ROM. Once you have the stock ROM running, you can then install official OTA updates in the future. Likewise, you can use the warranty again and send your device away for free repairs.
The Files You Need
- Download the unrooting tool you need from this page.
- These are the steps to unroot the Huawei Express smartphone. You must follow this guide on a Windows PC only. You won’t get the unrooting program to work on a Linux or Mac OS X operating system.
Unrooting The Huawei Express
- Download the unrooting tool directly to the desktop.
- Once you have it on the desktop, right-click the mouse over the file and choose the ‘extract here’ option.
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled so you can connect the smartphone to the computer. You can see that by heading to the Settings > Apps > Development > USB Debugging and check the box so it’s not empty.
- Now connect the Huawei Express to the computer using the USB cable you normally would use for the battery charging.
- Double-click the mouse over the Unroot.bat file and the tool will open up and guide you through the rest.
- Once you are done, reboot the Express smartphone and you should find the stock Android ROM working without any worries.
- You can double-check that everything went to plan by installing the root checker app. Most people use the app to check that they have root access. However, it’s just as handy to work out if you do not have root access any more.