The following guide uses the stock ROM to successfully unroot the Huawei Ascend mate smartphone. By manually installing the stock ROM on your Android device, you are breaking the root access from the internal system. Since the Huawei company doesn’t put any additional security features on their devices, the warranty should work again after you apply this update. Furthermore, there’s no reason you cannot install future OTA updates by accepting the notifications for the automatic updates. You should not have done that with the root access, however, because they can brick down your device if you were using a rooted phone.
The Files You Need
- Download the Ascend Mate stock Android ROM from this page.
- These are the steps to unroot the Huawei Ascend Mate smartphone. You should apply this update suing a Windows PC. We cannot be sure it works with other operating systems.
Unrooting The Huawei Ascend Mate
- Download the Huawei stock ROM from the link above to the desktop of the computer.
- Once you have it on the desktop, right-click the mouse over the file and choose the ‘extract here’ option.
- Now you can use the stock ROM file that’s inside.
- Connect the Huawei Ascend mate smartphone to the computer where you have the ROM. You do that by using the USB cable.
- transfer the stock ROm from the desktop over t the internal SD card.
- Once you know that it is on the SD card, unplug from the computer and the USB cable.
- Completely power off the smartphone now by long-pressing the Power button.
- Reboot the device and point to the Menu > Settings > Storage > Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade > Confirm > Upgrade.
- Now just sit back and watch the stock ROM install on your Ascend smartphone.
- Once you have firmware running, reboot the device and it should be working just like it was out of the box.
- You can check that the guide worked for you by installing the root checker app. You can check the device no longer has root access with the root checker app.