Did you mess-up something on your HTC One M9 and now it won’t respond anymore? If so, unrooting your device might help you. What unrooting will do is restore the stock ROM on your device removing any modifications that you may have done on your device. It should solve 99% of the software related issues on your device.
So, here’s how you can go about unrooting your HTC One M9 and getting it back to stock:
Files You Need
1. This tutorial will flash the stock ROM on your HTC One M9.
2. Download ADB to your computer. You’ll use it to issue commands to your device. You can set up ADB on any operating system as we have the guides covering Mac, Linux and Windows. Here is the ADB for Windows, ADB for Mac and ADB for Linux.
3. Download the appropriate stock ROM for your HTC One M9 from the following list:
Unrooting the HTC One M9
1. Rename the Stock ROM archive to 0PJAIMG.ZIP.
2. Turn ON USB debugging on your phone from Menu->Settings->Developer options.
3. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Launch a CMD Window where the ADB files are located. To do so, hold down Shift and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
5. Type in the following command into the CMD Window and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
6. Your phone should reboot into bootloader mode.
7. Select fastboot using the physical buttons on your phone.
8. Issue the following command using CMD:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
9. Next up, issue the following command:
fastboot flash zip 0PJAIMG.ZIP
10. Wait for it to flash the stock ROM on your device.
11. When it has done installing the ROM, reboot your device by issuing the following command:
12. You’re done.
Your HTC One M9 is now running the official stock ROM and is unrooted.
You might also be interested in:
- How to Install KingRoot Android 7.0 Nougat APK for Android Mobile
- How to Install KingRoot Android 7.1 Nougat APK App for Android Mobile
- How to Install KingRoot Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow APK App for Android Mobile
- How to Install KingRoot Android 6.0 Marshmallow APK App for Android Mobile
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.