Unlocking the bootloader is usually the first step to take when wanting to get root access on your device or install a custom recovery. Thankfully, our OEMs don’t mind us unlocking the bootloadser and are the ones who gives us the steps to take to get the job done.
The only catch is you are voiding the warranty on your device by unlocking the bootloader. It’s not that the manufacturers dislike you tinkering with the OS for any moral reasons. They just don’t want to get an additional million calls about technical problems which often arise when people play with the internal hardware.
Files You Need
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot by setting up Android SDK. If you already have Android SDK on your computer, you don’t need to do it again. You will find guides on the internet that let you set it up on Mac; however, the guide I have is only showing you various methods via a Windows PC. Our guides will not work for Mac users.
Unlocking the Yu Yureka Plus bootloader
- Turn on the computer and open the folder where you have Android SDK installed on your PC.
- Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard and right-click the mouse to get a new menu popping up on the display.
- Choose to open the command prompt Windows here from the menu.
- Now that you have the command prompt open, it’s ready to take some command.
- Type the first command: “adb reboot bootloader”.
- Press enter on the keyboard to confirm that command.
- Type the next command: “fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem device-info”.
- Press enter once more to confirm that command.
- Those with a false message on the display will need to type one last command: “fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock”.
- Now all owners of the Yu Yureka Plus have the bootloader unlocked and are ready for some custom operations.
That’s all you need to have unlocked the Yu Yureka smartphone’s bootloader so you can then go on to install a custom recovery image and perhaps get root access.
You might also be interested in:
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 8 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Google Nexus 6P Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Moto G (2015) Smartphones
You can subscribe to our RSS, follow us on Twitter or like our Facebook page to keep on consuming more tech.