Unlocking the bootloader on your Yu Yuphoria should allow you to install a custom recovery on it. When you have a custom recovery, you can flash various custom ROMs, custom kernels, and all sorts of flashable files on your phone. Not only is that, if you aren’t rooted, you can even flash the SuperSU package to gain root-access on your phone.
So, that’s all available to you when your bootloader is unlocked. Here’s how you can unlock it on your Yu Yuphoria:
Files You Need
- This should erase all the data stored on your phone. So, please backup all of your important files before proceeding further.
- You need a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial.
- Download Fastboot to your computer. You’ll use it to issue commands to your phone.
- Download and install PDAnet drivers on your computer, if you haven’t done so yet.
Unlocking the Bootloader on the Yu Yuphoria
- Right-click on Fastboot and select Extract here to extract the zipped files.
- On your phone, head to Menu->Settings->About phone and tap on Build number for 7-8 times until it says you’re a developer. It should unlock the Developer options for you.
- Head back to Settings and tap on newly unlocked Developer options. From there, enable the USB debugging option.
- Connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Launch a Command Prompt window in the folder where you have extracted Fastboot files. To do so, hold down Shift and right-click on your screen and select Open command window here.
- Type in the following command into the CMD window and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone should reboot into bootloader mode.
- Type in the following command and hit Enter:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock
- It should unlock the bootloader on your phone.
- When it’s done unlocking the bootloader, reboot your phone by issuing the following command:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot
- Your phone should reboot.
- You’re done!
That’s all there is to it.
The bootloader on your Yu Yuphoria is now unlocked and your phone is ready to be flashed with a custom recovery.
You might also be interested in:
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Note Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 8 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Honor 4C Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Moto G (2015) Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on LG G Watch R Smartphones
You can subscribe to our RSS, follow us on Twitter or like our Facebook page to keep on consuming more tech.