There are many functions to use on the HTC One 2013 model, but only a handful of these are tasks you wish to do often. Not everyone has interest in accessing the recovery mode, the Bootloader of Fasboot mode, but nearly all of us will want to capture a screenshot.
For those who don’t already know, capturing a screenshot means pausing and taking a still picture of what’s on the current screen of the HTC One M7 smartphone. You might know this already from working with a computer. Thankfully, it’s not too difficult for developers to make it possible for us to capture the moment with a screenshot. Here’s how it’s done:
As with many modern-day HTC handsets, there is more than one way to do many tasks on the original HTC One. The same can be said for those wanting to take a screenshot. The Developers have created a way we can capture it by pressing some easy key commands. You’ll also find various apps available from the Google Play Store which will help you take the snapshot too!
While using apps is often the choice for people, be careful because they always take up more memory space on your internal SD card. No app is available to download without taking up space unless it was hosted on a different device. Therefore, the more apps you do decide to download the more likely you are of creating a bloatware effect where your device starts slowing down, you reduce the battery performance and suffer from other negative symptoms of having too many apps.
I’d also like to clarify that if you do choose to download one of the screenshot apps from Google Play, you can delete that app later and still keep the picture you took in your photo gallery. You do not risk losing the picture after uninstalling or deleting the app.
How to take a screenshot on HTC One using Google Play
- Head over to the Google Play store on your HTC handset (not on computer although it is available to view from PC).
- Type the word “screenshot” into the Google Play search bar.
- Wait for the results page to ping back the best answers.
- You’ll see a bunch of apps and the star rating below. You can also go inside and read what others are saying about the apps and make your choice that way.
- Those preferring to take a shortcut can find the link here.
How to take a screenshot on HTC One using key commands
- Turn on your HTC smartphone and unlock the password if you must.
- Browse so the display is showing the picture you’d like to have a picture of in your photo gallery.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons quickly and release.
- You should see the screen flash and make a sound replicating that of a camera.