The ZTE X3 smartphone is a new device that can take screenshots as well as any other. We know this because it comes out of the box supporting an Android software version that supports that screenshot functionality. Any ZTE device running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or later can use the same guide for the hardware key combination.
The hardware key combination for taking screenshots on ZTE devices was made to be practical but not as practical as possible. The way in which your OEM place the keys is not going to be decided by the screenshots feature. It is more to do with the practicality of phone calls and how it sits in your hands for more common tasks. For that reason ZTE know the position of the keys isn’t going to be great for taking screenshot. If you find the positions are unfavorable, you can anytime install screenshot applications from the Google Play Store.
Taking snapshots on the ZTE X3
- Turn on the device and make sure you have what you want to capture o the display.
- Quickly press the Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously until you need a shutter sound.
- Keep your eyes open so you can see the screen quickly turn on and off again.
- The sound coupled with the visuals is supposed to look like a camera taking a picture. Once you see and hear the shutter sound, you can release your fingers from the keys. Be sure not to hold down the Power key too long by its own or else your device will turn off automatically.
- Now navigate to your photo Gallery application and look for a new screenshot folder. If this is the first time you have taken a screenshot, it will automatically create the screenshots folder. Now each time you take a new screenshot, it will end up in that same folder.
Those of you who did not like taking screenshots using the two hardware keys in the guide can install apps. One of the best apps for taking snapshots on Android devices running Android 4.0 or later is the Capture Screen app.