The default method of taking a screenshot on the Sony Xperia Z3+ is to press the dedicated hardware key combination. Hardware keys are what we call the standard keys on your device that you normally press when using your device. Each manufacturer gives a unique combination of hardware keys to press which will capture a snapshot on the device.
You can take a Sony Xperia Z3+ screenshot when browsing the internet from any web browser on your device, when using social media like Facebook, when browsing the normal OS like your settings and any other places you can image. There are no limits as to what your screenshots can capture. You can even be playing a game using an application and take a screenshot then too.
Taking screenshots on the Sony Xperia Z3+
Using the Z3+ hardware keys:
- The Sony Xperia Z3 hardware keys are the same keys you normally use any day of the week such as the Volume Down and Volume Up keys.
- Start by turning on your smartphone and having the picture you want to capture on the devices display.
- Now press the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you can hear a clear shutter sound. That sound coupled with the screen dimming is mimicking a camera taking a picture and means your device has now taken the snapshot.
- You will find the screenshot if you navigate to your picture Gallery and open the screenshots folder.
There are plenty of awesome screenshots apps available from the Google Play Store to help take screenshots on your device. Some of the best screenshots apps for Android are Easy Screenshot, Perfect Screen Shot (Classic), Screen Grabber, Screenshot Snap Free, Screenshots Simple and the Screenshot Ultimate app. many of these apps include unique features like the added bonus of screen recording.
- Turn on your Xperia Z3+ device and open the Google Play Store application.
- Search for the Screen Capture application and download it on your device.
- Open it up and start taking screenshots.
The Screen Capture application is available for all Sony Xperia devices and does not require root access. However, those of you with root access on the Sony Xperia Z3+ do have access to better apps. AirDroid and aScreenshot are two of the best rooted apps for taking screenshots on your device.