These are the steps to root the ZTE Axon without a computer by using the KingRoot universal one-click rooting tool. The KingRoot package is very handy for people who do not have a computer since you can install the APK file directly from the browser on the device such as a Google Chrome web browser.
Here is everything you need to root the Axon device in just one click:
Files You Need
- Download the KingRoot APK from this webpage here.
- You are agreeing to void the ZTE Axon warranty by following this guide. You can find some solace in knowing that this one-click rooting tool cannot brick your device. Furthermore KingRoot comes with an easy unroot solutions attached directly to the app that removes the KingUser — the KingRoot tools version of the SuperSU app.
Rooting the ZTE Axon without a computer
- Open the Google Chrome app on your ZTE Axon device. You can use any web browser application, it doesn’t have to be the Google Chrome app if you are using a different browser. However, some web browsers might not be compatible, so it’s best to use one of the most popular browsers such as Google Chrome.
- Open the webpage from the files section above and download the KingRoot app from the first post on the page. You’ll see the link on the page is provided by the original poster.
- Tap on the APK file and it will start downloading.
- Open the ‘downloads’ and tap over the .apk file.
- Tap the “yes” option when it gives you the message on the display.
- The KingRoot app will now be available from the app drawer as a normal app.
There are two unique versions of the KingRoot app available and we do not know what the team out of China will decide to do in the future. The current and latest version gives you only one app from the app drawer and you can see an “uninstall’ option from the inside. That’s the button to tap when you want to unroot your device. The older version, however, is a bit different and comes with three unique apps available from your app draw. Along with the KingRoot app, you will see the KingMaster to tweak the performance and the KingUser to unroot the device.