These are the steps for rooting the T-Mobile LG L90 smartphone running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. It seems the past exploit we knew is now patched by Google developers; thus we must know hack the system internal with this new rooting method. Once you have the root access using the command prompt, you can install plenty more apps from the Google Play Store.
The Files You Need
- Download the rooting tool from this page.
- Download the universal ADB driver from Koush to work as the USB driver on your Windows PC.
- The guide is only for the LG L90 smartphone. Do not use any other smartphone from the LG range or else you will brick the handset. Similarly, you cannot use the guide for any other device in the world made by a different manufacturer.
Rooting the T-Mobile LG L90 on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Download the rooting package from the link above to the desktop on the Windows PC.
- Unzip the same rooting folder so you can use what’s inside the folder.
- With the folder open, hold the Shift key on the keyboard and right-click the mouse.
- You will get a new menu that pops out on the Windows PC.
- Choose to open the command prompt window here from that new menu.
- Type the first command from the command line: “adb.exe devices”.
- Copy and Paste this long second command: “adb.exe push busybox /data/local/tmp/ && adb.exe push lg_root.sh /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp”.
- Unplug the LG L90 smartphone from the computer.
- Completely turn off the LG L90 by swiping the shut down option or long-pressing the Power button.
- Reboot the Lg smartphone to the fastboot mode.
Connect the LG L90 to the computer once again.
- Double-click the ports.bat file from the folder you unzipped earlier. Note the COM port number of your computer/device. The number is subject to change which is why you need to look at your number.
- Open the command prompt window again and type the following command: “Send_Command.exe \\.\COM3 “ – where it says COM3 is where you want to put your unique number. Keep the rest of the code the same.
- Type the root script command: “sh /data/local/tmp/lg_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox”.
- That script will now take over and root your LG L90! Wait until it is complete. Once it is done, reboot your smartphone.
You can download the root checker app once you know it’s finished. That way you know the device is definitely rooted.