If you are in love with your Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus device, chances are you have probably used the Odin flashing tool at some point. The Odin flashing tool is Samsung’s officially unofficial flashing tool that you can use in conjunction with a Windows PC. But what if you don’t have a PC at all? What then? The Mobile Odin Pro app will help all you guys out and let you flash directly from your Samsung Galaxy Ace if need be. The Mobile Odin Pro app is only available for rooted Android users — which means as soon as you finish this guide.
The Files You Need
- Download the rooting tar file from here.
- Download the Root Me Zip file.
- Download the latest version of the Odin flashing tool.
- Download the universal ADB Drivers directly to your computer so you can use the Samsung smartphone and the Odin flashing tool.
- You must have a custom recovery installed on the Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 before you can follow this guide.
Rooting The Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500
- Extract the rooting tar file and the Odin flashing tool on the desktop by right-clicking and selecting the “extract here” options.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus to the computer using the USB cable and transfer the Root Me Zip file over to the root of the SD card storage.
- Boot your Galaxy Ace Plus smartphone in the custom recovery mode (Volume Up + Home + Power).
- Tap on the ‘Install’ option and upload the Root Me Zip file. Confirm you want to install the same and then head back to the main recovery menu and choose the reboot system now option.
- Unplug your Galaxy Ace Plus handset from the computer and reboot it in the download mode (Volume Down + Home + Power).
- Double-click the Odin executable file and wait for the Odin flashing tool to open on your desktop.
- You must have installed the universal ADB Drivers on your computer or the next part won’t work.
- Connect the Ace Plus to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the PDA or the AP button you can see from the Odin user-interface and browse the desktop for the rooting tar file.
- Click the Start button without changing any of the Odin default settings and it will flash that tar file on your device.
- Wait until you get the green pass message from the Odin flashing tool user-interface and your device reboots. The Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus should reboot automatically since the Auto Reboot button was checked by default from the Odin app on the desktop. If not, you must reboot it manually.
Once your Galaxy Ace Plus reboots, check to see that it does have SuperSU from the app drawer. Those of you without the SuperSU application must open the Google Play Store app and download the SuperSU instead.