LG G2 has got multiple variants for various carriers in the States, and the root method that works for one variant may or may not work for the other variant. If you happen to have the AT&T variant of the device, you can use the following guide to gain root-access on your device.
As you may already know, rooting brings lots of fun in form of root-requiring apps, possibilities for customizations, and so on. Here’s how you can get that all on your device:
Files You Need
1. This is only for the AT&T variant of the LG G2. If you have got the T-Mobile variant, please head to our guide for that particular model located here.
2. Download IORoot to your computer. It’s the tool that will help you root your device.
3. Your bootloader should be unlocked before you can do this tutorial.
Rooting the LG G2 (AT&T)
1. Extract files from IORoot to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Turn on USB debugging on your device by going to Menu->Settings->Developer options->USB debugging.
3. Once that is enabled, plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Double-click on ioroot.bat that you extracted from the archive and it will launch.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions for rooting your device.
6. Wait for it to gain root-access on your device.
7. When that’s all done, reboot your device.
8. You’re now rooted!
Kudos! Your AT&T variant of the LG G2 is now rooted and you can confirm it using the Root Checker app.
If you want to get more out of your device, you can install a custom recovery on it that lets you flash tons of custom developments on your device.