There are many apps that are available from the Google Play Store that you cannot use when you buy a device. The reason you cannot use them yet is because they require administrator permissions to run. By default, we are locked out and set under some factory restrictions, keeping us away from being able to use these applications. We can solve that problem by rooting the Huawei Ascend Y201 pro smartphone. Once you finish with this guide, you can download all of the root-requiring apps from the Play Store. Furthermore, you can install a custom recovery on the device.
The Files You Need
- Download the rooting file you need from this link.
- Get the link for unlocking the bootloader on the Y201 smartphone on this page.
- These are the steps to root the Huawei Ascend Y201 Pro smartphone. You can only follow this guide if you have a Windows PC. The files will not work if it’s not running on Windows.
- You are voiding the warranty of your Huawei smartphone by following this guide. You can successfully unroot the Y201 Pro smartphone at a later date and that warranty will work again. That’s provided you still have some time left on your warranty.
Rooting the Huawei Ascend Y201 Pro
- Download the file for unlocking the bootloader and move it to the desktop.
- Download the rooting file and move it to the desktop.
- Right-click over the files one at a time and select the ‘extract here’ option from the menu.
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled by heading to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Connect the Huawei Ascend Y201 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- You should see the unlockbootloader.exe file on the desktop after you extracted the rooting file. Right-click and select Run as Administrator over that file.
- Wait for the tool to open on the desktop and select the ‘Root Your Phone’ button.
- Do not touch any buttons and wait until the rooting exploit is flashed on your device.
- Click the ‘Unlock Bootloader’ option from within the same tools menu.
- Wait until the bootloader is unlocked.
Now that you have root access and the bootloader unlocked, you can install a custom recovery. Look for the CWM recovery, TWRP recovery or the Philz touch recovery to flash on your device.
Install the root checker app if you want an easy way to check if the guide worked for you. The app is available directly from the Google Play Store.