The Android operating system that runs on the Huawei Honor 2 smartphone is based on the Linux kernel. With all of Android and Linux having root access is the equivalent of having administrator permissions on a Windows PC. that might start making sense to more people since a great many of you probably have a Windows PC. You know what it’s like browsing on a Windows PC when you aren’t an admin? It’s not great. Moreover, when it comes to programs like applications, many of them cannot run unless they can have access to that internal system of Android. That’s why we root our devices so we can use apps that need the access to the internal system to run.
The Files You Need
- Download the MotoChopper rooting tool you need from this page.
- These are the steps to root the Huawei Honor 2 smartphone. You must use this guide with a Windows PC. The file you run on the computer does not work unless you run it on Windows operating systems.
- It should work for all versions apart from the Windows RT that comes with some Microsoft Surface tablets. That OS does not allow for the installation of apps and programs outside of the Windows App Store.
- Applying the steps does void any warranty you had left.
Rooting The Huawei Honor 2
- Download the MotoChopper rooting file to the desktop of your computer.
- Extract the file so you can run the program but don’t run it just yet.
- Turn on the Honor 2 smartphone and head to the Settings > About Device and tap the build number until the Developer Options is unlocked.
- Head to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging and check the box.
- Connect the Huawei Honor 2 to the computer where you have the rooting tool.
- Run the run.bat file on the desktop.
- You should now see some easy on-screen guidelines to follow to finish the job.
Congratulations; you have just finished the rooting guide. You can install the root checker app from the Google Play Store. The root checker will check that the guide did work and you have the root access you have wanted. Once verified, continue to use the Google Play Store and start downloading those apps you wanted to use.