Unless you’ve been living under the rock, you know that Android is one of the most customizable OS ever created for mobile devices. From changing the appearance to even replacing the whole OS with a custom one, you can do literally everything on an Android device.
If you’ve got the latest Gionee Pioneer P4 and are wondering if it can be rooted and customized like other devices, then you are in luck as your device does have a root method that lets you customize your device beyond your thinking.
Here’s how you can go about rooting your Gionee Pioneer P4:
Files You Need
1. Download Kingo Root APK to your computer. It is the app that will help you gain root-access on your device.
Rooting the Gionee Pioneer P4
1. The first thing that you need to do is copy the APK file from your computer over to your device. To do that, plug in your device to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy KingRoot APK from your computer over to the SD card storage on your device.
3. When the APK is copied, disconnect your device from your computer.
4. Head to Menu->Settings->Security on your device and enable the Unknown sources option. It’ll let you install apps from outside the Google Play store on your device.
5. Launch File Manager and tap on KingoRoot APK to install the app on your device.
6. When the app is installed, launch it from your app drawer.
7. Tap on big Root button in the app and wait for it to root your device.
8. The app should tell you when it has rooted your device.
9. When it’s all done, reboot your device.
10. You’re now rooted!
Cheers! Your Gionee Pioneer P4 is now rooted and you can confirm the same using Root Checker on your device.
Think root-access alone won’t satisfy your needs? Why not flash a custom ROM? Check out our how to install a custom recovery on the Gionee Pioneer P4 tutorial to learn how you can install a custom recovery on your device which will then let you flash a custom ROM.