These are the steps root the Asus Memopad 10 using the one-click rooting application we know as Towelroot. One you finish rooting the Memopad, we strongly suggest you install the SuperSU app from the Google Play Store. The SuperSU app needs to stay on your device until you eventually unroot the Memopad.
By keeping the SuperSU on your device, you are keeping it safe by blocking any apps that ask for the root access to your internal file system. That means any malware or virus that wants root access will need to ask you via the SuperSU app before it can penetrate the system. All you need to do is deny any apps you do not recognize and it will keep your device safe.
Files You Need
- Download the Towelroot app for your Memopad 10 device from the website here: http://towelroot.com.
- These are the steps to root the Asus Memopad 10 ME301T without a PC. You can complete these steps directly from the Mempad itself, and not with any computer, laptop or notebook.
- The downside with the Towelroot application is that you cannot unroot directly from the app like you can with other popular one-click rooting apps like the Framaroot method. You’ll need to flash a stock ROM back on your device, and make sure you have the right stock ROM so you don’t soft-brick the Memopad 10 in the process.
Rooting the Asus Memopad 10 ME301T
- Turn on the Unknown Sources from the Memopad 10 settings by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Open the Google Chrome app and punch in the Towelroot domain homepage so the website loads on your device.
- Tap over the Lambda symbol you can see from the website, roughly halfway down the page.
- Save the tr.apk file to your Memopad device.
- Swipe down the notification panel from the top of the display and tap on the Download Complete notification.
- Tap on the Install button.
- Swipe the notification shade down from the top of the display and tap on the Installation Complete notification.
- Tap on the Make it Ra1n button.
- Wait for the success notice and then your Memopad is rooted.
- Open the Google Play Store application and browse for the Chainfire SuperSU application and install the same on your device.
- Open the Play Store again and this time install the root checker app on your Memopad device to check that the guide did work for your device.
Those who find the Memopad is still not rooted can downgrade the Android OS to KitKat, or a lesser version of KitKat, and try again. A patch was released for this exploit at some stage and if you keep downgrading the OS, it will eventually work.