These are the steps to root the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite S7 931U and the S7931W. Once you have the root access working, you can install more apps from the Google Play Store.
These additional apps can help you increase the device performance, increase the battery life, remove stock apps and more. You’ll still need to install a custom recovery image if you want to install a custom ROM. The custom ROMs are popular for those who want to update the software to newer versions the phone carrier networks have not yet released.
The Files You Need
- Download the rooting file you need for Ice Cream Sandwich from this page.
- It’s possible this rooting method works for devices running above ICS; however, we have not tested it on devices running Jelly Bean or Android KitKat.
- You can only follow this guide if you have one of the model number given the title. Do not try installing the file on a different model number; we know it doesn’t work and it can brick down your system.
Rooting the Huawei MediaPad 7 Lite S7 931U and S7 931W
- Download the rooting file from above to the desktop of the computer.
- Right-click the mouse over the file and select the ‘extract here’ option to get that file extracted.
- You should see the Install Root.cmd on your desktop.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on the MediaPad. Point to the Apps > Settings App > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Now connect the Mediapad to the computer using the same USB cable you use for charging.
- Double-click the Install Root.cmd file on the desktop.
- Follow the on-screen commands if you see any to finish the rooting process. Your device should start getting flashed with the root access once you click the file.
- Reboot once your device is done.
- Unplug from the computer and browse the Google Play Store for any root-requiring apps you want.
- The first app you might want to try is the root checker app. With the root checker app, you can check that the device is rooted before continuing. That will save you the time of working out any problems in the future.