The Pure Nexus Project is our favorite custom ROM available for the Huawei Nexus 6P smartphone. The goal of the Pure nexus team is simple: add some more features and stability while keeping true to the Google stock ROM — making it more of a Pure Nexus experience. As you can see, it’s all in the name already.
Here is how to install the Pure Nexus custom ROM on the Google Nexus 6P smartphone:
Files You Need
- Download the Pure Nexus project ROM file from this page.
- You must root the Google Nexus 6P before you can install the custom ROM on the device.
- You should install a custom recovery on your Google Nexus 6P before you install the custom ROM on the smartphone. You rely on the new recovery to upload the file.
- Download the NANDroid Manager application from the Google
- You are choosing to void the warranty with Google when you follow this guide and install a custom ROM on the Nexus 6P smartphone. Of course, that warranty is well and truly shot to pieces already when you installed a custom recovery and rooted the Nexus 6P device.
Installing the Pure Nexus Project custom ROM on the Google Huawei Nexus 6P
- Download the Pure Nexus ROM file from the files section above directly to your computer.
- Click and drag the file over to your desktop from its default download location.
- Connect the Nexus device to the computer using the USB cable you normally use to charge the battery.
- Copy the Pure Nexus ROM zip file over to the root of the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug your device from the computer once you have it on the SD card.
- Boot up the Nexus 6P in the custom recovery mode you should have installed earlier.
- Tap on the Backup option from the custom recovery menu and take the NANDroid backup of your data.
- Choose the Wipe option to wipe your phone clean and factory reset before installing the new ROM file.
- Tap on the Install option and browse the SD card for your Pure Nexus ROM file.
- Confirm you want to install that new custom ROM zip file by following the commands on the display from your choice of custom recovery.
- Once the ROM is flashed, choose the reboot system option from the main recovery menu.
The Google Huawei Nexus 6P will now reboot in normal mode and you won’t see your old ROM any more. You should see the Pure Nexus ROM from now on up until you flash the stock ROM back on the device.