Mi phone is running successfully in Indian market, it has high end hardware and with low price. It comes with MiUi v5 which has the base of Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat version. Now Xiaomi is working on its new version of MIUI OS which is MIUI V6 in this version. MIUI is making some interface improvements and also some security related improvements. Xiaomi released its MIUI v6’s developer version, well this developer version doesn’t have any bugs but you can’t have root access after installing this ROM on your phone. Today I will tell you how to install this ROM on your Xiaomi Mi4 in two different ways: via the official update and manually flashing the ROM zip file.
In both ways the ROM will be same but manually flashing ROM might take your phone’s warranty because flashing ROM files is always an illegal process using a custom recovery. Also manual update is risky process, if anything goes wrong then your phone might get bricked. But in official update the phone will take care of every thing. So make sure you choose your way wisely.
Backup your important data stored on your phone to any safe place so you won’t be able to lose them in any conditions. Backup your media files to your PC or any other external drive. Backup your contacts and messages and restore them back after this process. You can also use Mi Phone manager to manage data on your phone.
Make sure that your phone should have at least 70% battery left on it. This update process is only for Xiaomi Mi4, so don’t try to install this ROM on any other phone.
Steps to Install MIUI V6 on Xiaomi Mi4 (Manually)
- Download MiUi V6 ROM zip file from here and move it to your phone.
- Reboot your phone to recovery by going to update app, press menu key and select “Reboot to recovery mode”.
- When in recovery use volume key to navigate to “English” language option and press power key to select.
- In Main menu select “Install update zip to system one” and your phone will update itself.
- After update completes come back to Main Menu and select Reboot to system one to reboot your phone to OS mode.
Steps to Install MIUI V6 on Xiaomi Mi4 (Official OTA update)
- Download OTA update zip file from here and move it to your phone.
- Now on phone open updater app from all apps, press menu key and tap on “Select installation file”.
- Select the OTA update zip file from your phone and tap on update button.
- After you phone update completes tap on “Reboot to new version”.
Now wait for your phone to boot up, it will take about