It doesn’t appear as though we are going to find any new versions of the ClockworkMod custom recovery coming out any time soon since it’s not been stopped from any updates. That will not stop it from still working perfectly on the devices it has already been made for like the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 smartphone.
Anyone looking for a custom recovery in the future might want to look the way of TWRP Recovery. Team Win’s custom recovery is the one to install heading forward unless you are wanting to install the CyaongenMod Recovery to pair it with a CyanogenMosd custom ROM.
Files You Need
- Download the ClockworkMod Recovery file for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 device from here.
- You are agreeing to void any warrant agreements you had with Samsung when you choose to install a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 smartphone. You can usually get a flash ROM from the Sam Mobile website for your Ace 2 handset and it will restore the stock recovery as well as install your stock ROM.
Installing CWM Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
- Download the ClockworkMod Recovery file and have it on the desktop of the computer. Do not unzip the file.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 smartphone to the computer where you have the recovery file waiting.
- Copy the recovery zip file over to the root of the internal storage SD card and then unplug the device from the computer.
- Unplug the Galaxy Ace 2 from the computer with the USB cable.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to recovery mode using the hardware button method.
- Tap on the “apply updates from SD card” option from the recovery menu.
- Wait until the custom recovery is installed on your device before choosing the option to reboot from the main recovery menu.
In conclusion, that’s how to equip your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 smartphone with a new recovery. You can boot your device into recovery mode any time you choose. You should always find the new custom recovery there and never the stock recovery. You can, however, choose to flash the stock recovery back on your Ace 2 and it will wipe the custom version. You may continue swapping from a custom and stock version of recovery as many times as you want.