ClockworkMod recovery is one of the two main types of custom recovery available for your device. The other custom recovery is the Team Win Recovery Project which kicked off to be incredibly popular thanks to its touch-based user interface. ClockworkMod recovery works much the same as your stock recovery did where you use the Power keys and the Volume keys to navigate and select the options from the list. ClockworkMod recovery can create and restore backups with the NANDroid backup feature. Additionally, CWM recovery comes with the ROM manager and a file browser so you can easily find your ROMs and load them with the ROM manager.
The Files You Need
- Download the CWM recovery file you need from this XDA Developers page.
- You can only follow this guide using a Windows PC.
- You must have rooted the Karbonn Mobile A7 smartphone before you can install this custom recovery.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Karbonn Mobile A7 Smartphone
- Download the ClockworkMod recovery from the files section above.
- By default, this lands in your Downloads folder on a Windows PC. Open that Downloads folder and click and drag the file over to the desktop.
- Right-click the mouse over the recovery file and select the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Long-press the Power key until your Karbonn device turns off.
- Reboot the Karbonn smartphone by holding the Power + Volume Up keys at the same time. Wait until you see a green screen before letting go of those keys.
- Connect the Karbonn device to the computer where you have the files — do that with the USB cable.
- Double-click the mouse on the cwm recovery.bat file you have on the desktop after extracting the ClockworkMod recovery.
- Clicking the aforementioned file will install the new custom recovery on your device.
- Wait until the flashing is complete and then reboot your device manually as you normally would.
- Now your device is ready to use that custom recovery you just installed. You can boot into that custom recovery mode anytime you like. Here’s a guide that shows you how to enter custom recovery mode on locked and rooted Android devices.