These are the steps to install CM 11 M12 Snapshot custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250. The Galaxy Nexus is one of the most popular devices out there — or at least it was. Nowadays, there aren’t any official software updates coming out for owners to get excited about. Luckily, there are heaps of options for installing custom ROMs so users can update the operating system that way instead. As long as you have any of the known custom recoveries installed, you can follow the guide below and get the CM 11 Snapshot custom ROM on your device.
The following custom ROM is based on Android 4.4 KitKat. There are newer ROM available if you prefer checking out Android 5.1 Lollipop.
The Files You Need
- Download the unofficial Snapshot custom ROM for CM 11 from this page.
- Download the Google Gapps package for Android 4.4 KitKat from this page.
- You can only use this guide on the I9250 model number. Moreover, you must already have a custom recovery installed on your Galaxy Nexus. Anything from CWM recovery, TWRP recovery or Philz touch recovery.
Installing CM 11 M12 Snapshot ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250
- Download the Gapps and the CM 11 ROM to the desktop of the PC.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Nexus to the computer.
- Transfer to the files — ROM and Gapps — to the internal SD card.
- Unplug from the computer.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Nexus in the custom recovery mode.
- Choose the NANDroid backup option from the main recovery menu.
- Select the Wipe or Wipe Data/Factory Reset option. You must take the NANDroid backup before this step or else you will lose the data.
- Now navigate to the Install or Install from SD card option from your recovery menu.
- Browse the SD card and upload the CM 11 Snapshot custom ROM and the Google Gapps one at a time.
- Confirm you want to install them both.
- Your device now has the latest custom ROM on CM11 running. All you need to do it reboot the device.
- To do that, go back to the main recovery menu and choose the reboot system now option.
- You can now take over your Google account running the Android 4.4 KitKat Snapshot custom ROM.