One of the requirements to root the Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 is that you must have a custom recovery running on your device. If you haven’t got one yet, now is the time to get one.
The following guide teaches how you can install a custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 so you can then gain root on your device.
Files You Need
1. You must have a Windows based computer to do this tutorial.
2. You should have Samsung USB drivers installed on your computer. Without them, your computer won’t be able to recognize your device.
3. Download Odin to your computer. You’ll use it to flash a custom recovery on your device.
4. Download CWM Recovery to your computer. It’s one of the finest custom recoveries for Android that you’re gonna flash on your device.
5. This only works for the SM-G313HN device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Trend 2
1. You need to first extract files from Odin and CWM Recovery to your computer. To do that, right-click on both of these archives one by one and select Extract here.
2. Launch Odin by double-clicking on its executable file.
3. When it launches, click on PDA and choose CWM Recovery available on your computer.
4. Uncheck the Repartition option as it’s not required.
5. Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
6. Turn off your device.
7. Turn your device back on in download mode by holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons together.
8. Press Volume UP and you will be in download mode on your device.
9. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Click Start in the Odin and let it do its thing.
11. When Odin’s done doing its thing, your phone will automatically reboot.
12. You’re done!
CWM Recovery was successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 and you can reboot into the newly installed recovery mode using the Volume UP, Home, and Power keys combination.
Now that you have a custom recovery, you can go ahead and follow our how to root the Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 tutorial to gain root-access on your device.