One of the many reasons why a user installs a custom recovery on his device is that he wants to try out a number of custom ROMs available in the market for his device. What these ROMs do is give your device a completely different look and performance tweaks that cannot usually be achieved by flashing individual custom files.
In most cases, you’ll need a custom recovery to install a custom ROM. If you have got the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+, you’re in luck as that device has been blessed with the most popular – CWM Recovery.
Here’s how you can install that recovery on your tablet:
Files You Need
1. Your device must be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on it. Please follow our how to root the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+ tutorial to learn how you can root your device.
2. Download CWM Recovery to your computer. It is the recovery that will be installed on your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+
1. Extract the actual recovery image from CWM Recovery archive by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Connect your tablet to your computer in data transfer mode using a USB cable.
3. Copy recovery image from your computer over to the root folder on your SD card storage.
4. When the image is copied, disconnect your tablet from your computer.
5. Head over to Google Play and download and install Terminal Emulator on your tablet.
6. Once installed, launch Terminal Emulator from your app drawer.
7. Type in the following command into Terminal Window and press Enter:
8. Next up, issue the following command using Terminal Emulator:
dd if=/storage/sdcard0/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21
9. It should install the recovery image on your tablet.
10. When that is all done, reboot your tablet using the power menu.
11. You’re all set.
Your tablet is all ready to be loaded with your favorite custom ROMs. It’s been equipped with a custom recovery to help you install various custom ROMs and custom kernels that enhance the appearance as well as the performance of the device.
All you need to do now is boot the Lenovo Yoga Tablet into the custom recovery mode and start using your new ClockworkMod recovery.