This post is a guide for the mid-ranged Samsung Galaxy Mega phablets. This step-by-step guides shows you how to install the TWRP custom recovery on them both. The procedures are same for both (just the recovery files are different) so we have discussed them in a single post. The TWRP Recovery is just an updated version of the classic CWM recovery. It features a touch interface and you can flash a custom ROM on your device. It is also effective in improving lags and bugs. It improves the speed of your smartphone as well.
Files you need
- In this procedure, we’ll be using Odin. Download the file here and extract it.
- Download the Device Drivers for Samsung and install them on your computer.
- TWRP Recovery file for Galaxy Mega 6.3: Download this file here and save it in the folder containing Odin.
- TWRP Recovery file for Galaxy Mega 5.8: Download this file here and save it in the folder containing Odin.
- These are the steps to install TWRP recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152 and Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9205 and GT-I9200.
- This is an unofficial method. The warranty of your device will be voided. Use a USB to establish a secure connection with the PC.
- Make sure that you have disabled any sort of security on your PC such as antivirus or anti-malware.
- Also, your device must be 65% charged when you connect it with the computer for flashing.
- Make sure that the models of your device are the models in the titles/heading. This guide will only work for those three model numbers. You can check the model number of your device by going to Settings then tapping on the “About.”
How to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Mega 6.3 and 5.8
- Go to the Odin folder and click on the Odin3.exe file and run it as administrator.
- Now, enter your device into the download mode. Long press the Power+Volume Down+Home buttons at the same time.
- Now, connect your device with the PC using the USB cable. Upon successful connection, an “Added!” message will show up in Odin.
- Now, to load the recovery file. Click on the PDA or AP button and load the TWRP recovery you previously downloaded.
- Untick the “Auto reboot” button in Odin.
- Now click Start.
- Wait while the new recovery is being flashed on your device.
- Once complete, a green “PASS” message will show up in Odin.
- Disconnect your phone from your PC. Don’t worry it’s safe.
- Now, long press the Home+Volume Up+Power button all at the same time. Your device will now boot into the newly flashed TWRP recovery.
- The touch is now enabled.
- Select the “Reboot” then go to “System”
- The recovery will ask you about fixing the root access. Slide the blue circle if your device is not rooted. It will root your device. If you already have this device rooted, tap “No.”
Now the new custom recovery has been flashed on your device and you can do all sorts of new things with it. The two main jobs people use a custom recovery for include taking NANDroid backups and installing custom ROMs. You can learn how to do that by knowing how to boot the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and 5.8 into the custom recovery mode.