If you’ve messed-up something on your Motorola Moto X Style/Pure Edition and you wish to get everything back to normal, the following tutorial can help you.
Flashing back the stock ROM on your phone is the best idea to resolve any software related issues on your phone. Whether you have accidentally deleted a system app or you have flashed a custom ROM and you do not like it, flashing the stock ROM brings everything back to the stock.
- This should erase all the contents on your phone. So, please backup all the files that you will need as they will be permanently erased from your phone.
- You need to have a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial. The reason is the flash tool is only available for the Windows OS.
- You should have the Motorola USB drivers installed on your Windows computer. If they are not, install those first.
- Download Restore to Stock tool to your computer. It is the tool that will help you get your phone back to the stock.
- This should only work for the XT1575 variant of the phone. Do not try this on any other variant or phone or you will brick it.
Get Motorola Moto X Style/Pure Edition Back to the Stock
- First of all, unzip files from Restore to Stock tool over to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- On your phone, go to Settings followed by About phone. Tap on Build number for 7-8 times until it says you are a developer. When it does, close the menu.
- Go to Settings again on your phone and this time press the option that says Developer options. Turn on the option for USB debugging.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Right-click on FLASH-ALL.bat file that you extracted from the tool archive and select Run as administrator.
- It will launch the tool under administrative privileges.
- The tool should automatically begin flashing the stock ROM on your phone.
- Wait for the tool to flash stock ROM on your phone. It should take about ten minutes for the tool to install stock ROM on your phone.
- When the tool’s done flashing the ROM, reboot your phone.
- You are now back to the stock!
Your Motorola Moto X Style/Pure Edition should now be back to the stock. Your phone is now completely unrooted and is running everything stock – from the apps to the settings — everything is now back to the default. It is now as pure as it was when you first took it out of the box.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus On Android 5.1.1
- How To Unroot Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- How To Install Custom Recovery On Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
- How To Root Sony Xperia M4 Aqua On Android 5.0.1
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.