If you want to sell the Motorola Moto X, you should enter the recovery mode and apply the wipe data/factory reset option. Now your data will be deleted and your Moto X will be back to its original factory state just like it was out of the box when you first bought the handset. Other people suffering from bugs, soft brick issues, or a virus might also like to enter the Motorola Moto X recovery mode. Each device manufacturer has a different way of entering the recovery mode. The way in which you get to recovery on a Motorola differs from a Samsung device and so forth.
The part where recovery mode can get confusing is when we have two different recoveries. Sometimes people have a custom recovery that is made by a third-party developer. If you do have a custom recovery, you can boot the Motorola Moto X in the stock recovery mode using the same hardware key combination so do not worry. Everyone automatically has the stock recovery when they buy Android. If you do not understand what a custom recovery is, do not worry either. The guide is for everyone who owns the Motorola Moto X.
Entering Recovery Mode On The Motorola Moto X
- Make sure you start the guide with the Motorola Moto X completely powered down.
- Press the Power key for a second and let go to reveal a ‘Switch off’ option on the display. Confirm and switch it off.
- If you cannot turn it off by using the first method, long-press the Power button and it will eventually turn off.
- Reboot the Moto X holding the Home + Power + Volume Down keys. Keep pressing the keys until you see the boot menu screen.
- Use the Volume Down button to scroll down the list until you get to the Recovery Mode option. Do not try scrolling up if you go past the option. You need to go all the way around again using the Volume Down button only. There is a good reason for that.
- Once you have the Recovery Mode highlighted, press the Volume Up button. using the Volume Up button, you can enter the options.
- Once you are officially able to boot into recovery mode, you can use the same keys to scroll and confirm.
- Once you are done, press the ‘Reboot System Now’ option.
- Now the Motorola Moto X will reboot to the normal OS mode and you can use your device again like normal.