Recovery mode on the Motorola Moto E smartphone is a separate bootable partition, you can boot the device into recovery the device. Sometimes we get bugs with the Moto E and our technician inside of us isn’t good enough to fix whatever the problem is; that’s fine, we don’t have to be capable technicians when we have recovery mode. If you want to call it a day with your current ROM and start the device over again so it’s the way it was out of the box we can apply a factory reset. Once we apply the factory reset, we are taking the Moto E back to its factory state.
In case you cannot already tell, that comes with one problem: you will lose all the data on your Moto E. There is a solution to that problem and it is backing the device up before applying the reset and then restoring the data after the reset completes. Backing up the Motorola Moto E is not difficult to do, but the option is not available from in recovery mode. That’s why it’s always a great idea to perform incremental backups at times during your life when the phone is healthy.
Motorola Moto E owners with root access can use apps from the Google Play Store such as the Quick Boot app to boot the smartphone in recovery mode. Those without root access cannot find any apps.
Motorola’s way of getting devices in the recovery mode is probably the hardest out of all manufacturers. Furthermore, they go too far in our opinion. The idea is that you cannot mistakenly get in the recovery mode by leaving the phone in your pocket because it’s such an important area of the phone. Likewise, you don’t want your kids playing with your phone and accidentally getting in the recovery mode. That’s why all devices have a difficult way to get access to the recovery mode.
Entering Recovery Mode On The Motorola Moto E
- Tap the Moto E Power button just once and select the ‘Power off’ option from the display.
- If your screen is frozen, long-press the Power button and it will switch off by itself. The exact amount of seconds required to turn off a smartphone changes between devices. Hold it for ten seconds and it will be off on every smartphone.
- Now that the Moto E is off, press the Volume Down + Volume Up + Power keys at the same time.
- Do not let go of the three key combination (Volume Up + Volume Down + Power) until you see a new boot menu on the Moto E display.
- Use the Volume Down key to scroll through the list until you have the Recovery Mode option highlighted.
- Press the Volume Up button for about a second and let go. You should now get to an Android logo on the display.
- Once you can clearly see the Android logo, press Volume Down + Volume Up at the same time and hold the two buttons in. After 5 seconds, press the Power button for a second and then let go of the Power button.
- You will now be directed into the recovery mode where you can apply any task like a factory reset.
- Once you are done with the job you wanted to carry out in the recovery mode, navigate to the ‘Reboot System Now’ option from the menu. Your smartphone will now boot back into the normal OS mode.