As some of you might already know, Download Mode is the mode that lets users flash ROM and custom kernels to the device. It’s also the mode that we must boot into if we are using the Odin flashing tool for installing official software updates, custom ROMs or getting root access. Some of you might have other Android devices with a Fastboot mode. Well, those two modes are the same thing just worded different by separate manufacturers.
How To Enter Download Mode On The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3110
- The easiest method for download mode on Samsung devices is by using the hardware keys.
- Start by pressing the Power key once and selecting to Power off your device.
- If your device’s display is not responding, you can anytime long-press the power key and it will switch the device off.
- Once your device is off, you can press the keys that will get your device in download mode. The keys are the Volume Down + Home + Power at the same time and wait until you get to the Samsung logo.
- Once you see a warning screen, press the Volume Up key by itself. Your device will now get past that warning screen and be in the download mode.
- Now you are free to continue with the guide you were using before you came here.
- If you are having issues getting the Galaxy tab to enter the said mode, it might be because the device isn’t off any more. remember: you must start with the device off before pressing the three key combination.
- If your device doesn’t have keys that work, you can install apps from the Google Play Store instead. Just use the search box and type the keyword ‘download mode’ and the list of available apps will help. You should find some free solutions.