In an eventful day, we saw iOS 6.1.2 firmware released by Apple to fix numerous bug we mentioned in detail earlier as well as Evasi0n updating their firmware so users can update the latest iOS 6.1.2 firmware and jailbreak still using Evasion. If you are interested in jailbreaking using the updated Evasi0n guide, you can get your hands on it here. Before you do that, though, you will need to update your firmware. To get the iOS 6.1.2 update you can head here.
You can head straight to the Evasi0n jailbreak guide to get the latest Evasi0n downloads. Alternatively, you can head to our Evasi0n downloads page where you can find all of the Evasi0n firmware.
Evasi0n is a fully untethered jailbreak tool developed by some of the best hackers in the iOS world. The Evasi0n tool helped millions of people jailbreak the iOS 6 and iOS 7 firmware versions by Apple. By iOS 8, the jailbreaking team no longer continued support using the same method.
If you are running one of the more recent versions of the iOS firmware such as the iOS 9 or the iOS 10 firmware, you can check out how to jailbreak that by using the Pangu tool instead. The guys who bring you the Pangu jailbreak were students of Stefan Esser’s and Esser himself does not think much of the Pangu team, but the reasons are not widely understood. Apparently, he doesn’t think the jailbreak is properly done. Still, you can use Cydia with the Pangu tool and run your Cydia tweaks and do all the same things you could with other jailbreaking tools. You just might want to look more into what Esser’s complaints are if you are interested in having maximum security on your device.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 7.1.1 And iOS 7.1 Untethered With Pangu
- Download Pangu Jailbreak For iOS 7.1.1 And 7.1, Comes With Malware Warning
- Mac Variant Of Pangu v1.1.0 Jailbreak Out Now, Supports The Same iPhone, iPad & iPad Touch Range
- iNoRotate Stops iPhone from Switching Between Portrait and Landscape Modes
- Fans Outraged Over Apples Latest Announcement: the iPad 4
- Unlock iOS 6 on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS with Ultrasn0w Fixer
- How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone 5 Using iTunes
- In Depth Look At The iPod Nano Seventh Generation In Stores October