The Edge browser has been updated to version 93.0.961.52. This update to the Stable channel was released on September 16, 2021.
On September 15, Edge was updated to head toward a “passwordless future” by no longer requiring passwords to sign in to Microsoft apps and services. This won’t be enabled by default, but you can go passwordless today with a few quick clicks.
Edge 93.0.961.52 updates Internet Explorer Mode to include “nomerge” behavior. This means when you launch new browser windows from an IE app, it will open in a new window. Microsoft already developed a similar nomerge behavior feature in IE 11. Each time an IE Mode tab is visited for the first time, Edge will react and and designate it as a nomerge session.
The Edge browser will automatically update itself the next time you close the browser window. However, if your browser is open, you can head to Settings > Help and Feedback > About Microsoft Edge, and then the browser will automatically check for new updates and apply them.
- Edge 94.0.992.23 Brings Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements
- Edge 95.0.1020.0 Fixes Linux Window Managers and PDF Reader Gets Upgraded
- Edge 95.0.1011.0 Released to Canary Channel
- Edge 95.0.1000.0 Brings Sync of Custom Internet Explorer Mode Site Lists
- Edge 94.0.992.14 Released to Beta Channel
- Edge 93.0.961.44 Released to Stable Channel