The HTC One M9s smartphone can connect to the computer with the USB cable, but it can’t do anything unless the computer had the USB Drivers installed if that computer is running on a version of the Windows operating system.
The USB Drivers are required for anyone who is doing developing on the computer running Windows. Likewise, the right drivers are necessary if you want to transfer data.
Downloading HTC One M9s USB Drivers For Windows PCs
1. Download the Universal Windows ADB Driver file directly on the computer.
2. Click on the file once the download completes and then click on the Next button from the setup wizard after you have disconnected your Android device from the computer.
3. Click on the Browse button and choose the folder location where you would like the ADB Driver to be stored on the computer or just leave it as the default setting if you don’t have a preference.
4. Choose whether you want to share the ADB Driver with all accounts that are associated with the computer or restrict it to the account you are using.
5. Click on the Next button available at the bottom when you are done.
6. Confirm you do want the Universal Windows ADB Driver installed on the computer by clicking on the Next button again.
7. Wait for the progress bar to reach the other side of the display.
8. Click on the Close button when it finally does to exit the Universal ADB Driver setup wizard.
In conclusion, that is everything you need to download and install the Universal Windows ADB Driver on a computer that is running on Windows to have the USB Drivers for the HTC One M9s smartphone installed.