The Brave browser has been updated to version 1.24.82.
This update comes with a Brave Rewards notification when the wallet linking limit has been exceeded.
Some users are happy to have found the “Don’t ask again” option to the default browser dialog also added to this update.
Other users are reporting some ongoing problems that Brave may have to still address in another update. Specifically, users are complaining about being unable to claim/receive their BATS (Basic Attention Tokens).
For the rest of the Brave 1.24.82 features, see the list below:
Full Release Notes
- Added Brave Rewards notification when user has exceeded the wallet linking limit.
- Added top level domain blocking in aggressive mode, to warn users before they visit sites suspected to be bounce trackers.
- Added the ability to resolve IPFS links through “x-ipfs-path” and DNSLink values.
- Added IPFS permission rule to expose chrome.ipfs API to extensions by request.
- Added custom IPFS badge to ipfs:// and ipns:// pages.
- Added “Don’t ask again” option to the default browser dialog.
- [Security] Removed timestamp value from Wayback Machine query as reported on HackerOne by xiaoyinl.
- [Security] Invalidated callback parameters on Wayback Machine query as reported on HackerOne by xiaoyinl.
- [Security] Improved handling of reverse mapping for ipfs:// URLs.
- [Security] Improved handling of reverse mapping for ipns:// URLs.
- Implemented Brave Ads anti-targeting.
- Updated rewards tipping banner UI to handle displaying decimal values when present for tips.
- Updated 5% fee for Brave Rewards tips to only attempt to contribute 3 times per browsing session.
- Updated URL bar icon flyout text for IPFS local node connections.
- Updated “Method to resolve IPFS resources” under brave://settings/ipfs to always have the “Local node” option.
- Updated certain UI elements to better interact with macOS accessibility settings.
- Fixed crash which occurred when attempting to tweet after tipping in certain cases on Windows and Linux.
- Fixed issue where active promotions could not be claimed if they were marked as “Over” on the client.
- Fixed “Hide Brave Rewards” setting not working after using a private window.
- Fixed issue where auto-contribute was enabled via the rewards widget on the New Tab Page.
- Fixed issue where “Include in Auto-Contribute” toggle on rewards panel did not retain user selection in certain cases.
- Fixed brave://ipfs loading blank page in certain cases.
- Fixed IPFS links not opening from command line interface on Windows.
- Fixed issue where local node was not stopped if another option was selected for “Method to resolve IPFS resources” under brave://settings/ipfs.
Your Brave browser will automatically be updated to version 1.24.82 when you open it. However, you may if you like download and install this version of the browser as well.
- Microsoft Edge 92.0.881.0 Rolling Out Now
- Vivaldi 3.8.2259.32 Fixes Bugs and Performance Issues
- Opera 75.0.3969.243 Fixes Bugs and Performance Issues
- Microsoft Edge 92.0.878.0 Is First Build of Edge 92
- Brave Browser Updated to Version 1.22.71 to Coincide with Chromium 89.0.4389.114
- Opera 76.0.4017.107 Brings Display SD Suggestions Titles