The Huawei Y6 smartphone can now be rooted using a universal one click rooting application like so many other devices out there in the world. Some people who are heavily involved in Android device customizing prefer to stay away from anything that is “one click” but the fact remains those same tools can open the doorways to installing all the same applications on your device as any other rooting method. One of the applications that you will get the chance to install is the Viper4Android app which has taken a recent rise in popularity. If you haven’t yet checked out the Viper4Android, or you didn’t know about it until today, now is a great time to hit the Play Store and get downloading — as soon as you finish this guide that is.
Files You Need
- Download the KingRoot universal one click rooting application for the Y6 device from here.
- The following guide to root the Y6 device is going to void the warranty from Huawei. Sometimes a mobile phone network can allow you to root a device if you ask them, depending on who you are a subscribed with as a customer. You could make inquiries if it’s important to you.
Rooting the Huawei Y6 running on Android 5.1 Lollipop software updates
- Download the KingRoot APK file to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Huawei Y6 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the KingRoot APK file over to the internal storage SD card and keep it in the topmost folder.
- Unplug your Y6 smartphone from the computer now that you are finished with the file transferring.
- Install the APK file on your device using a File Manager.
- Tap on the KingRoot icon that is available from the app drawer now that you have officially installed the application.
- Tap on the large button that is available from the main KingRoot page that says it will root your device.
- Wait until you get the ‘success’ message from the root application and then close your app.
- Reboot the Huawei Y6 smartphone the same way you normally would any other day.
In conclusion, that’s how to root the Huawei Y6 smartphone using a simple one click root application. There is another way to use KingRoot if you don’t know how to use a file manager on your device. You can just open a normal web browser application such as the Google Chrome browser app and then install your app from there direct to the device. That’s the option you should take if you ever want to root the Huawei Y6 smartphone without a PC.