The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE variant is receiving a new OTA update in selected regions where it will get a newer version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat namely UBUCNG2 build. The new software update is centered around patches and maintenance and does not carry anything special by means of new features. Most S4 Mini owners already know 4.4.2 KitKat to offer transparent status and navigation bars, cloud printing, new color emoji, full screen album art from the lock screen, an improved landscape keyboard, all white status bar and more.
Use this guide only if you have the I9195 version of the Mini LTE handset. Using it on others can cause soft-bricking and will need other guides to get out of trouble that we do not provide here on the site. If you do find yourself needing further help, please leave a comment or head over to the XDA Developers forum where you will find lots of developers who know how to find a solution to your problem.
Chile is the country that is seeing this release roll out over the air. However we all can install the file manually from any country around the world. Further details include a PDA of I9195UBUCNG2, CSC of I9195CHOCNG2 and the modem of I9195UBUCNG2. The build date is Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:42:54 +0000.
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers on the computer, notebook or laptop before continuing on with the steps. Since we are using a Samsung-based device we can install the drivers from Samsung Kies if you prefer that method. Just remember to disable Kies before continuing or else it can interfere with the program. Likewise, make sure you turn off any security programs such as spyware, malware and virus protection on both the computer and the smartphone by the way of an application. They also are known for obstructing our fun.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options menu. Those running some earlier software version will not see the mode until they unlock it. If you do not see Developer Options from the Settings, the PC and Odin cannot detect it and nothing will work.
- Everything we use here is above-board and Provided by the real Samsung developers. The Odin tool is made by them and they love people flashing files. That is what it is there for. However, if you don’t own a Windows-based PC, you cannot use Odin. Flashing files are possible on Mac and Linux, but it requires a different tool that we do not provide here. Most people using the Android OS are running with Windows and that’s why the others don’t get any love.
- The system partition is wiped if you have a Custom ROM installed and it will require a full factory reset. Furthermore, the root access previously granted will be revoked. The good news is that the warranty comes good again and you can send it off to the manufacturers factory for fixing without any worries so long there is warranty remaining. Applying the factory reset is not ideal because it will wipe the OS free of the phone contacts, market apps, text messages, MMS data and settings, photo galleries, music audio files and more.
- Use applications available from the Google Play Store such As Titanium, Helium and SMS Backup to make copies of all the sensitive data you do not want to risk losing. That way, if you do need to wipe the data you can gain it all back again afterwards. Helium is the pick if you are running stock software. Combine that with SMS backup and you will have everything you need. Titanium is the preferred app if you have unchained the OS already with root. Alternatively, people can sync the contacts with the Google Gmail account on the smartphone or sync using Kies.
- Nobody is forcing you to back up the data, but if you don’t we are not liable for any data loss you may experience if something goes wrong. provided everything goes to plan, there should be no data loss from flashing files.
- Check your phone’s battery levels and make sure it is up over 50% before starting the tutorial. Some people will have the benefit of suing the USB charging feature. USB charging will automatically begin charging the battery when it is plugged into the computer so long it is working. If you observe the status bar and see the battery icon is not going up when the USB is connected, that means it is not working. take all the precautions necessary to seek out the steps without the handset turning off.
How to manually update the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 UBUCNG2 KitKat
1. Turn the computer on.
2. Download the I9195UBUCNG2 firmware file here.
– use the desktop for easy access or the C: Drive.
3. Extract the file to the desktop.
4. Download Odin 3.09 here.
5. Boot the phone up in Download Mode.
6. Press the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time to make that happen.
7. Have Odin open and running on the computer monitor.
8. Bring the USB cable from the phone charger to the PC.
9. Connect both devices together with the wire.
10. Watch the ID: COM port change yellow or blue and the message saying ‘added’ pop up on the screen.
Note: If that did not happen try downloading the USB drivers again.
11. Click the AP button and upload the I9195UBUCNG2 file.
12. leave the default settings as they are. It will have Auto reboot and F Reset Time options marked as on.
13. Do not mark the re-partition box unless using a Pit file.
14. Press the Start button.
15. Wait for the flashing to finish. Do not touch any buttons in the mean time.
16. Close down the Odin application when the ‘pass’ message comes up on the screen and the ID: COM port turns.
17. Disconnect safely by stopping the USB Mass Storage device from the system tray.